Monday, March 9, 2009

Spelling Test

Regardless of my mood, school has to get done. No question. But that doesn't mean that my mood doesn't affect the school day, because it does. It really does. Take for example Jonah's spelling test last week. I tell him the word, use it in a sentence so he understands the meaning, then I repeat the word and he writes it down. Here are the words and my sentences for the last test:

1. loudest - Mommy is the loudest when she is yelling.
2. eaten - I wish you had eaten your breakfast in less than one hour.
3. kindly - Kindly write down this word fast so we can get to the next word already.
4. lunches - Mommy makes everyone's lunches and doesn't hear "Thank You" from anybody.
5. faster - Please finish your work faster and don't dilly-dally.
6. helper - It would be nice if I had a helper to help me take care of all you kids.
7. classes - Sometimes Mommy thinks it would be better if you took classes at a public school.
8. dishes - No matter how often I wash, there is always a sink full of dishes.
9. sleepy - Mommy does so much work around here it's no wonder she's sleepy at 8:00.
10. biggest - I have the biggest headache right now.
11. frozen - Sometimes it seems like your brain is frozen because it takes you so long to do your work.
12. slowly - Please do not write slowly but quickly. And get it right.
13. every - Every time I ask you to do something I have to ask you again and that makes me angry.
14. houses - Ours is one of the messiest houses on our street.
15. very - Mommy is very, very. very tired.
16. frosty - Mommy can be frosty but it also means when there's ice on the cars or on the grass.
17. taken - I should have taken two Tylenol this morning.
18. washes - Who washes clothes in this house? You don't. I do.
19. softly - You have a problem walking softly down the hallway when the babies are asleep.
20. winner - The winner is the one who doesn't have four kids.

Jonah got 100%.