Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Justin!


Today is Justin's birthday. We celebrated a little early last night when I tried to surprise him by having my family over for dinner. Even though the surprise didn't work out, we still had a great time celebrating another year with plenty of lemon cake to go around. Then Justin continued his "celebration" into the wee hours of the morning - he still had to complete the report cards for his students to be handed out today. So he started his actual birthday on 3 hours of sleep, but hopefully enjoyed a nice end to it after watching "The Empire Strikes Back" with all of us together.

I came across a verse today that I assigned to James for his writing practice, but I believe it's an accurate description of Justin, especially for today:

"But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day". Proverbs 4:18

In the words of the Hallmark card I gave him, he is a strong, supportive source of love and encouragement to me and our sons. The path he takes is difficult but devoted to God, and he wears his faith on his sleeve for all to see. Though he and I know that life could be easier, his faithfulness becomes stronger every day and helps to brighten my own way, moment by moment, "unto the perfect day". I am blessed to be with him another year, and having Justin as my husband makes me feel like the perfect day has already arrived.

Happy Birthday, Justin!

No comments: