Saturday, June 23, 2007

Daddy's Super Powers

I have special powers. I know it isn't something I talk about a lot but if you had these same powers you wouldn't either. Some super powers are cool - flying, super strength, x-ray vision. Too bad those powers are not real. Well, since the twins came home from the hospital my gift has materialized. Perhaps some Kryptonite is buried under Miller's Children's Hospital or a freak magnetic storm passed over the school where I teach. Either way, the gift is here. The gift is powerful. The gift is scary.

My gift is this - I am able to make Jedidiah and Jack vomit the entire contents of their stomachs right after or during a feeding. Regardless of how many different ways I try to hold them and despite my prayers that the stomach muscles responsible for throwing up would stop working, I have been covered by partially digested milk more times this week than I can count.

Josephine does not have this gift. She can get a spit up here and there but not a complete 4 ouncer that comes through the nose and mouth and covers up the whole front of the shirt.

Obviously, my feeding, burping, holding technique needs some work. I have been watching Josephine intently, trying my best to mirror her. Unfortunately, it only takes a little shift one direction and up comes lunch.

I know that many of you are jealous of my super power. Yes, I know most super heroes keep their powers a secret. Then again, they usually help fight crime and save people. Mine just wastes formula and frustrates the twins and me.

Time to pull out my old comic books and find out how to get rid of super powers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.