Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Boiled Chicken Can Be Fab


At the risk of being put on the black list of a dear friend, I am posting her recipe for probably the BEST chicken salad I have ever had.  I have not asked her permission to share it but it's just after 11pm my time and I'm trying to squeak in a post.  I figure I could write a recipe quickly and have it count as my post AND as the highlight of my day.  Two birds, you know?

THE BEST CHICKEN SALAD EVER
also known as
WHAT TO MAKE FOR DINNER WHEN YOU'RE AT YOUR SON'S BASKETBALL PRACTICE AND YOU REALIZE YOU HAVEN'T PREPARED ANYTHING AND ALL YOU HAVE IS BOILED CHICKEN

4 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
4 stalks celery, diced
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup (ish) of mayo

Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.  Serve in sliced croissants if you're fancy, in wheat bread if you're healthy, or do what I do and eat it right out of the mixing bowl if you're just plain hungry.

And please don't ask me how many it serves.  All I know is that I have six people in my family and everyone gets fed.  Please don't ask me the nutritional value, either.  All I can say is that it has nutrients which are very valuable.

And yes, it was the highlight of my day and will continue to be until it runs out or unless my husband gives me an early Christmas present.


No comments: