Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Better than Beautiful

Whether you've been married for 1 day or 1,000,000 days, there are words that a wife always loves to hear: "I love you", "You look more beautiful than the day we met", "Are you losing weight?" (you know he REALLY loves you), and "I'm wrong, you're right", to name a few. Well, the other day I heard something that ranks at the top of such a list: "This is one of the best cookies I've ever had!" Why such a big deal to me? Well, I made chewy brownie cookies from a Crisco recipe, and Justin is big on neither chocolate nor cookies. So, that means that after 12 years of marriage, there are things that we do for each other that are still fresh, new, and unpredictable. So sparkle up your relationships, ladies, with a batch of chewy brownie cookies. If you chow a dozen of them in one sitting and he still asks you if you've lost weight, you know it's LOVE.

No comments: