Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jonah is 6!

6 years ago, I was due to give birth to my first child. 6 years and 13 days ago, he was actually born. Jonah came almost 2 weeks early, on January 2, 2002. I love telling the story:
On January 1, 2002, my brother and sister-in-law (also pregnant at the time with their daughter) came over to watch "Best in Show". We ate Mexican food then went to Baskin Robbins for a Cappuccino Blast (decaf, of course. I'm lactose intolerant so the results of this dessert is an entirely different story), then back to our house to watch the movie. My brother and sister-in-law didn't leave too late, but I remember telling them on their way out "I'm probably going to be late in delivering this baby." So, about 3 hours later, my water breaks! Hello! I had time to take a shower while Justin paced up and down the hallway doing absolutely nothing. We arrived at the hospital to find that I was already 7cm dilated! Yes! I decided against getting an epidural, and other than Justin's finger in my face telling me to "blow the candle", and him warning me when the next contraction was coming, everything was fine. After 3 hours of labor, out came our firstborn. He has since set the bar very high: he slept through the night at 11 weeks, was a very good eater, and, to this day, he is an even-tempered and obedient child. I suppose there was no where to go from there but, well, down... OK, OK, our other sons are healthy and well-behaved - I shouldn't compare our children to one another. Hence, we had three more since Jonah. I'm done. Done, done, done.

No comments: