Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Best Friend's Wedding

Denise & Carl tie the knot!
The beautiful bride and an OK bridesmaid. :-)

On July 5, dear friends of ours got married in a beautiful ceremony and had a wonderful reception. I was honored to be a bridesmaid - I got to wear makeup and everything! Denise and I met in our first year of college. Physics class brought us together and after many sleepless nights of studying for quizzes over countless bags of white cheddar popcorn, our friendship has withstood 17 years of the good and the better. Denise has the patience of a saint - not many people have been so close to me for so long (other than family, who have no choice in the matter). She's the sister I never had, and I'm so blessed that as roommates we even wore the same size clothes - can you say "double the wardrobe"? She was own my beautiful Maid of Honor 11 years ago, and she was a more beautiful bride - all of us who know her well were so happy for her on the Big Day. Her husband, Carl, has affectionately been referred to as "the 6th roommate" by those of us who shared a condo on Mahaila St., and now that they're officially Mr. and Mrs., they'd better let us sleep on their couch as much as he slept on ours!

Congratulations, Dee and Carl! We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? No comments? This is a beautifully worded, well-written, heart-felt piece of literature. At least I think so! Thanks Jo. And thanks for thinking our wedding was worthy of blogging. It was great to have you with us that day. You were definitely my cheerleader - keeping the party and momentum going. Now, besides the fact that my makeup was still fresh enough that I looked like a rosy-cheeked doll, these pictures are cool. I really like how you click on them, and they blow up really huge . . . wait, let me step back a bit . . . there you go, that's better. Neat! So where's my MOH mention huh? Sheesh!