Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Time Out

Last Sunday Justin and I gave ourselves a "time out" - actually, it was made possible by my brother and sister-in-law, who offered to babysit all 4 boys so we could get a much-needed break. The last time the two of us went out together was 3 1/2 months ago, so we were SO looking forward to it! After a nice relaxing lunch at Islands, where we watched half of the Chargers v. Raiders game, we went and saw The Kingdom. I must admit that I really wasn't interested in seeing it, and I had alternative plans of taking a nap in the theater if I didn't like it. Well, it turned out to be much better than I thought. The underlying story of family beneath the main plot of good v. evil was what appealed to me. Though the acting is good, I had to get past the violent scenes and language. It made me appreciate our life here in the U.S. and I actually looked forward to coming back and picking up our sons.

So now it's been 3 days since Justin and I had our time off - I was ready for another break 2 days ago.

No comments: