Thursday, September 20, 2007

Messin' Around



I realize it's been a few weeks since my last entry - Jack and Jedidiah still aren't sleeping through the night :-( and they're more active during the day! Since they tend to wake each other up, we've had them sleeping in separate rooms for the past few months. Jedidiah sleeps in a playpen in the office and Jack sleeps in a crib in their room. A friend said we're defining their preferences, that Jed will be the one who prefers camping and that Jack would rather stay at the Ritz. Maybe that's true, but at least when they're awake they get along well - for the most part. Sometimes I put them in the same crib or on the floor for "together time", and they're fine until one starts touching the other one too much. It's not always the same baby who does the bugging, but eventually one gets tired of the other and starts complaining. I think that's what happened in the womb. There must have been a lot of "He touched me!" or "He's on my side!" complaints in utero that went unresolved, so they just said "We've had enough-let's just get out of here!" That's my theory, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest smiles ever! There are few things like smiles from your children.

We're with ya on the needing more sleep. Mason used to sleep through the night...hopefully will again someday!!